To listen to samples of this album click on the 2nd circle in the album image above, then click on the play button.
This musical project was born out of the desire of a few initiates close to Satchidananda to set to music a cappella recordings of Babaji chants that were originally recorded by Satchidananda in 1993. This new recording project was realized at Babaji's Kriya Yoga Ashram in the province of Quebec by guitarist/stylist Richard Lupien and multi-instrumentalist Stephano Sukha Pandavas who are the main instigators. After listening to the initial recordings, Richard was inspired to create a demo that was presented to Satchidananda and Stephano, who had already had the idea in the past, but it never materialized. So it is done, and well done, with a re-edition of the voice, an inspired harmonization and a refined instrumentation of quality executed with the greatest care and respect for our revered master Babaji. Special thanks to Satchidananda for providing space in his personal home for the recording studio and for keeping the memory of these wonderful chants alive.
"Om Kriya Babaji Namah Om"
We find the following participants:
- Satchidananda: lead vocal
- Richard Lupien: harmonization, classical guitar, classical baritone, acoustic, electric, acoustic and electric bass, guiro (track 6), back-vocal
- Stephano Sukha Pandavas: percussions, keyboards (track 5), back-vocal.
- Olivier St-Jean Rondeau: violin (tracks 1, 3, 4)
- Michel Courcy: tablas (track 7)
- Marie-Josée Veilleux (alias Sundari): sitar (track 7)
- Producer: Satchidananda, Richard Lupien, Stephano Sukha Pandavas
- Arrangements : Richard Lupien and Stephano Sukha Pandavas
- Sound engineer: Stephano Sukha Pandavas
- Mixing: Stephano Sukha Pandavas
- Mastering: Jamie Krishna Bright
The mp3's will stream from Gumroad.com after purchase, or you can download their free App and play the audio on your phone, tablet or PC.
7 Tracks - 25 minutes